Although it’s always a good idea to visit your dentist for tooth restorations in regard to any issues associated with your oral health care, it’s much more effective to prevent damage from occurring in the first place. One highly effective procedure that can drastically improve your smile’s durability is through dental sealants. Dental sealants use a thin coating applied directly to the surfaces of teeth to prevent tooth decay from occurring. Additional benefits of dental sealants are as follows:
– Dental sealants go on clear, so they allow the natural beauty of your teeth to continue to shine through.
– Dental sealants have been proven to be extremely effective for young children. This is because studies have been done that have shown that children are three times more likely to avoid cavities with teeth that have dental sealants in place.
– Sealants are safe and effective for use on young children. They can be placed as soon as their first molars grow in around the age of 6.
– Dental sealants are known for being extremely durable. A single dental sealant application can last over a decade.
– Studies have shown that you can lower your risk for tooth decay by as much as 80% with a single application of dental sealants on at-risk teeth.
If you would like a dental sealant treatment from DM Family Dentistry at our dentist office in Chicago, Illinois, please connect with us at 773.252.5757. Dr. Doris Madrigal and our entire team will ensure you get the cavity-free smile you desire.