At some point in time, one or more of your teeth may need to be repaired. If a tooth can be saved, one option is a dental crown, which will fully conceal a tooth and protect it. Every broken tooth deserves its own crown. Here are some things you should know about dental crowns:
– Dental crowns can enhance the look of a tooth, as they are customized to each tooth’s needs. They can also be shaded to match the original color of your teeth.
– Crowns can be used to protect dental fillings. In some cases, crowns can hold teeth in position that require fillings but too little tooth remains.
– Crowns are helpful with repairing or restoring old dental procedures, including capping bridges, implants, and root canals?
– A single dental crown can function for over 20 years, or in some cases, an entire lifetime.
– Crowns can be used to revitalize broken teeth, including binding together bits of broken teeth?
– Dental crowns can add an extra layer of protection to your teeth by completely concealing a tooth on all sides above the gum line?
If you would like to have your teeth inspected by our team at DM Family Dentistry, please schedule an appointment with our doctors, Doris Madrigal and Thu H. Nguyen, and our team at our office in Chicago, Illinois. To schedule a visit, please call us at 773.252.5757. We look forward to seeing you soon!