If you’re having trouble finding the perfect soothing solution for your teething baby, our DM Family Dentistry team is more than happy to help you! Teething can be a long, difficult process that generally begins when the baby is 6 months old and typically stops around 3 years old. To make this time period a bit easier, our team recommends doing the following things:
- Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and warm water and then gently massage your child’s gums with your fingertips.
- Hold a chilled spoon against the uncomfortable area.
- Let your child chew on a cold, wet washcloth, but please be there to supervise as they chew.
- Put your baby’s pacifier in the fridge to cool it before use.
- Give your child a clean teething ring to chew on.
These tips should help you find the results you are looking for. If they don’t, please call 773.252.5757 and ask Dr. Doris Madrigal for additional tips. Do not give your child an amber teething necklace or lidocaine. These two things can be toxic and extremely harmful for your baby. So, for more tips and advice on teething in Chicago, Illinois, please seek out your dentist. Our team is more than happy to help you in any way we can!